Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend madness

This past weekend was an absolute blast. It was all about fun and relaxation.
On friday night Sam and I went out to pizza and a movie. We saw hotel for dogs which was enjoyable and right down my alley. We laughed to eachother when we realized we were the only adults (young adults) in the theatre alone and without any kids, although it comforted me to laugh in parts of the movie I know the kiddies would appreciate. All in all, we had a great date-night and it was so nice just to be in his company.
Saturday I went to WorldMarket and picked up a few spices for my mom and myself so we can begin experimenting our new found creations in the kitchen. It is so fascinating to see all the different spices and ingredients and see what works well with what. Such an adventure! Then my roomies and I had a girls night (which we haven't had in a verrrry long time and was much needed). We got all dressed up to sit and do nothing and just enjoy one another. We took a bazillion pictures (such girls we are) and played would you rather for hours which was a hoot! It was fun just to catch up and chat about complete randomness.
Sunday was another great day! My mom and I went to a cooking class at Toscano's called italian comfort foods... the name alone had me sold on it. It took place in the restaurant and hosted 50 eager learners. At first, I was a little apprehensive because I was clearly the youngest one there and I had to play the role of a 21 year old because we were wine tasting, but I quickly dropped my shyness and loved every minute of it! The food was phenomenal as was the wine. I am so lucky to have a mom who loves to do such fun and new and exciting things with me. She is wonderful and I am so so thankful for her.
So that's it! That is my weekend in a nutshell. And tomorrow I am going to the Seattle Premium Outlet mall. I cannot wait!!
Bye for now,
<3 J

No comments: