Thursday, January 22, 2009

One of my many fascinations


Trees- I love them. I find them to be very beautiful and unique. The tree in the picture is a pear tree-one of hundreds in the orchard. My family took a trip to Oktoberfest in Leavenworth this year and the house we stayed at had this beautiful orchard in its backyard. Needless to say, I fell in love with it.
But anyways... for some reason I always find myself searching for my camera whenever I come upon a new tree. Back in the day (a year ago) I actually wanted to get a tattoo of this amazingly big and branchy tree I've loved for a long time on my side. But I quickly dropped that idea at the thought my parents might actually disown me. But a girl can dream right? Hahaha.
(Here's a story for you. The only bad encounter/memory I've had about a tree to date.) This past Christmas, my genius dad decided to get a Colorado Blue Spruce tree, thinking it would be a good way to keep our devilish cat off of it seeing as it is very pokey....BAD IDEA. If you take anything away from my posts, take this advice- - -NEVER get a colorado blue spruce for your christmas tree. It is hands down the most painful experience trying to decorate. Ask my mom. We had to wear two pairs of gardening gloves just to even attempt it. So you can only imagine our tree wasn't very decked out this year.
Hope you are having a tree-rific day!
<3 J

No comments: