Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh to be a dreamer

To be a dreamer...

One could be so lucky.

What does it mean to dream? Surely it is more than slipping away to another realm of consciousness. When one sleeps is not the only place to dream. To dream is to live; it is to welcome the unknown, the unexpected. As I watched Alice in Wonderland the other day, I sat contemplating the possibilities that the imagination holds.

Where is my rabbithole???

Alice is accused of being so easily distracted. But how can one life a life without coloring outside the lines? We fall prey to normalcy. We are the outcome of incarcerated imaginations.

If I fall down the rabbithole and get lost in my dreams, I would have a story to tell. To dream up a Mad Hatter and a Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, I would be one happy girl. Adventure is waiting as I close my eyes, so do I close them or keep them open?

To dream is an act of immaturity in the finest of forms. Alice does not question the absurdity of her dreams, she embraces it. Some may say that being a dreamer is a bad thing. Imagining and hoping for so many seemingly unattainable outcomes, but never making them come to fruition. I do admit, it is tiring to listen to the endless babbles and mindless banter. SHOW ME! But to be a dreamer holds many different meanings.

A dreamer is someone who lives without hesitation and breathes adventure and opportunity at every chance. Searching for meaning and life in every nook and cranny, and never reaching full satisfaction- you have to keep looking! There will never be enough discovery. There will never be enough dreams to be dreamt.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love reading your posts! You are incredibly thoughtful and so well-spoken. LOVE IT!

Jenna Garvin said...

I think this is one of my favorite posts of yours yet! I can definitely relate to what you are saying.

valarie said...

i will watch that movie, i might get it now, but i dig the dreamy thoughts you've wrote and want to free my incarcerated imagination, maybe it's from thirty years at the same job, on the other hand it's enabled many dreams to come true, and on the other hand i could be living the dream...