Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010

2010 was a year of amazement. My life took an unexpected turn on January 16th, 2o10. I dared to dream and dream big. I made a change, a sacrifice, for something I could only hope would blossom into something huge and beautiful and unimaginably great. For the first time, I put all fear aside and let myself fall. No longer would I let what-ifs deture me, no longer would I let hopes of potential dictate my future of happiness.

2010 brought me a year of joy and laughter. I reconnected with my long lost best friend whom I thought I'd never speak with again. I reconnected with school and my passion for learning and engaging with the world around me. I reconnected with myself.

It was in 2010 that I found myself. I discovered the things in life that truly make me bubbly and giddy inside. I got my first tattoo. I turned 21. I fell in love deeper than the ocean blue.

2010, you changed me. You taught me how to love freely and without hesitation. How to treasure and adore those precious moments that I might otherwise have overlooked. Unleash my energy and revel in the sight of awe. You gave me the best year of my life.

And although you brought me many unforgettable adventures such as Hawaii and New York with the lovliest woman and dearest soul, and experiences like running a 5k and freezing my buns off, the opportunity to become a Nordy girl, I thank you most for giving me the one thing I've been waiting for: Kyle John Eads. He is my silver lining.

2011, I can only hope you will be just as bright and cheery as 2010. And I have a feeling you will.

love,
Jillian

1 comment:

valarie said...

yes, it was quite the year! i wish my earlier comment hadn't disappeared because it was really eloquent :-) i love watching you, i love your writing, and i love going anywhere with you!