Sunday, January 23, 2011

A challenge for you

Why have we trained our minds to battle the here and now?




Why have we trained our minds to resist instead of welcome?




Since when did spontaneity and originality become the villain?
.
..
...
....
...
..
.
I often try to remind myself to embrace the unexpected. However, I remain unfooled by my urge to seek security and routine. I sit here not accusing anyone of anything, because I am at the mercy of this plea. Why is change so difficult? Why are excuses for lack of change so easy to find? I gracefully tip my hat to those who live without caution. Be daring! I want to vow to cherish this moment and the next and the next. Will you join me? I want to be present right now instead of anticipating what's next. If someone were to entice me to drop my plans and grab a hand full of cash to embark on a random day adventure-- I want to be known as the girl who is going to say YES! Will you say yes, too? Or would you fight the urge and go with what's comfortable?

Everyone needs to be challenged. It makes life exciting and complex. It gives breadth to our stories and gives us a reason to keep searching for more. I try and challenge myself everyday but somedays I forget. Will you remind me?

Here is a list of my current challenges:
>reach out and make new friendships
>be a better listener
>put in the time and effort to make things happen
>find consistency in caring for my skin
>teach myself to act in a more selfless way
>speak up and use my voice
>appreciate people and their lives/situations

How have you challenged yourself lately?

2 comments:

valarie said...

yes, i challenged myself to take off some poundage and i have not been successful in the least :(

valarie said...

i look forward to watching you meet those challenges head on!