Thursday, December 15, 2011

Blessing bags

Today I am feeling inspired to spread the christmas spirit.

Although the gifts and the glam are a fun part of the holidays, it is not the reason we celebrate. Or at least, not the reason we should celebrate. I need to remind myself that the holidays are a time to be with loved ones, share simple moments of happiness and togetherness, a time to give (and cherish) to those you care most about, and even to those you know nothing about. It is not self-centered but rather all encompassing. It is not about how many presents you get, or giving the most expensive, spectacular present. It is not about me. It is not about you.

It is about us.

I am working more on us today.

I recently found a pin on pinterest (I know, I said it. I'm a pin-addict.) that caught my eye. Here is what is was-- http://kwavs.blogspot.com/2011/05/blessing-bags-how-to.html

and now I'm going to make my own blessing bags. I can feel my heart growing already!

Hope the holidays are treating you well---- love to all!

No comments: