Friday, October 28, 2011

For my daughter

Upon discovering I was going to be a mommy, I knew I wanted to encapsulate my memories of the journey to come. I wanted to create something my daughter can look back on years and years down the road and reminisce on just how much she has truly embraced my life. Envisioning all things sentimental and keepsake, I started by making a calendar. It charts all of the special moments we've shared in the first nine months, the doctors appointments, the date that unveiled we were having a girl. I often wondered to myself as I was making this if she was going to appreciate it as much as I hoped she would. And then I thought, even if she doesn't, it meant something to me. I will forever look back on that calendar and smile as I remember some of the greatest months of my life.

Have you seen the google chrome commercial yet? If not, take a moment to watch it right now. It will truly tickle you, especially if you are a parent or aspire to be one someday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vkVHijdQk

It makes me teary every time.

I suppose it had such an affect on me because this is what I want to do for my daughter. So I started writing to her. And I will continue to write to her. One day, she will get to read it and hopefully understand just how loved she was, is, and will always be.





The true beauty in life lies in the unexpected moments. The moments that open your eyes and open your heart to something completely unknown. You were the best surprise, and the greatest gift, I have ever received.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's so lucky, she'll love it!