Monday, June 15, 2009

bucket list

I was chatting with a friend the other day..and I suddenly became inspired to start a bucket list. I have so many things I want to do and see in this world- I want to make my dreams a reality. Life is too precious and fragile to let the things you love pass you by. I want to live a spontaneous, adventurous and fanscinating life.

Here are some of the ideas on my list thus far...

1. Travel to: Greece, Barcelona and Ireland
2. Be fluent in a foreign language
3. Win the lottery
4. Live on a farm
5. Go to culinary school
6. Learn how to whistle
7. Go shopping in New York
8. Be a member of a book club
9. Invent something fantastic
10. Backpack through Europe
11. Learn how to play poker
12. Skydive
13. Eat exotic food from all over the world.
14. Have lots of dogs. ( I want to name my first two, Dooney & Burke. hahaha)
15. Go on a random trip somewhere far away without any plans.
16. Witness something so phenomenal that I cry and then laugh.
17. Learn how to play a musical instrument exceedingly well (preferably the piano).
18. Have a random pen pal who lives on another continent.
19. Learn how to make sushi
20. Learn how to waterski
21. Take photography classes

that's it so far.
i'll add on soon.
<3 J

5 comments:

valarie said...

go Girl! you can do it!

Jill said...

Mom. Would you care to join me in any of these: 1, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 (!!!), 13, or 21??? You know you are my number one lady && always my first traveling partner.

valarie said...

i figure we can do number seven on our way to number one (greece), we should work on number 2 before going to number 1, you may have to accomplish number three in order to make number 10 and 13 happen (haha, unless you can do it in $15 day) and let's do number 19 next weekend, i can at least share my sushi skills with you, and definitely count me in for number 5 if that means i can quit my job (haha).

christy said...

I love the idea of a bucket list. I think Greg and Peggy have one they are working away on! Let me know if/when you do #21. I want to take one too! Maybe we could do it together.

Christy

Jill said...

I would love that!! A couple of years ago I got a really ncie/expensive camera for christmas and I am still working on how to use it! Those things are tricky... but yes- let's take one together. that way it will be both fun and educational! :D