Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome, 2012!

I must say, 2011 was one of the best years of my life. Wait, no it was the best year of my life. SO many amazing and wonderful things happened-- it was definitely hard to see it go.

However, I look to the upcoming year with much excitement because I know there is a lot in store for me and my little family. I can't wait to see the magic that unfolds!

After reading a new years article in the newspaper I felt inspired to change up the all-too-common resolutions and turn them into things I want to do more of. The word 'resolution' has a bit of a negative connotation, meaning that there is something that needs to be resolved, as if there was a problem there in the first place. And although there might be, I really want to focus on the positive side of things. So I contemplated my life and how I see it and how I want to improve it. First, I know I want to learn to cook more often and be more daring in the kitchen while I'm at it. For some reason, the thought of cooking has always intimidated me; the fear of messing up turned me away. But not anymore! And I have my parents to thank for the awesome new pots and pans that have gotten me all the more inspired!

In my new role as a mommy and soon-to-be wifey, it has become more apparent that I am shifting from life all about me to life all about my daughter and my fiance and us as a family. I am no longer a single unit but I have multiplied! I am a provider and a nurturer, a person attempting to break down my walls that I've built up as an individual and I'm learning to welcome others in. This year, I want to create the habit of putting others before myself. I want to do more random acts of kindness to both those I hold near and dear and those that are merely strangers in my life. I am opening my heart and hope to become a better person for it.

Here are a few other habits I am working to eliminate or improve upon:
-wear robe LESS.
-eat LESS sugary treats and eat MORE healthy
-work on time management and get out of the house MORE!!
-more simply said, I want to work on the notion that LESS is MORE. I need to recognize that excessive desires (shopping, candy) are a major impulse for me and a not so good one at that! I want to break life down to the simple joys- the things that really matter.

So here's to a new year, another great year I hope!

Cheers friends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Keep up the great work.