Saturday, June 11, 2011

Boy, girl, boy......

GIRL!!!

Yesterday we found out we are going to be a mommy & daddy to a beautiful baby girl and we couldn't be more excited! Secretly, maybe even not so discretely, I was hoping for a little girl, but I would be happy either way as long as we have a healthy baby on our hands. And we sure do! Watching her on that ultrasound was something so special. She was moving around like crazy, wiggling her feet and arms all over the place! No wonder I've been feeling her so much lately :) When we first started, she was curled into the cutest little ball. Her feet were all the way up by her face with her booty held high in the air! I couldn't believe her flexibility (she certainly doesn't get it from her mama!). The technician said she's currently the size of my palm from head to bottom. Wow! Babies really do grow fast.

We are so absolutely elated to be having a girl. I can't wait to dress her up in sparkly tutu's and play with dolls together (yeah, I can still get into that!), but most importantly I can't wait to have a lifelong best friend and someone I can share a deep and special relationship just like my mother and I have. I also can't wait to see her with her daddy. She is one lucky little girl to have him. He will be so wrapped around that little finger of hers!

Yesterday he said to me... "the world is a better place now that there's going to be two of you in it."

Ladies, I about lost it!

Yesterday was easily one of the best days of my life.

I can't wait to meet our daughter :)

No comments: