Wednesday, July 28, 2010

There seems to be a pattern..

I love to blog.
But, by the looks of it, it would not appear to be so.

I am here to admit one thing. I am a lazy blogger.

There-- I said it. OOfta! I feel much better.


If you will kindly accept my lackluster excuse, allow me to explain myself...
You see, ever since I got out of school I have been going a million miles a minute. (It's true). It started out with a trip to Portland with my handsome, then I left for NYC with my momma. Upon arrival back to the SeaTac airport, I proceeded to (basically) jump into the car and head straight to good ol' Walla Walla Washington to check out the wineries and happenings with my handsome yet again. Can you tell I am loved? I was stuck happily in the midst of a mom and boyfriend vacation frenzy--- experiences I will never ever ever forget. (Pictures, and plenty of them, soon to come)

Days after I returned home from WWW I began my internship at the places of all places, or shall I call it palaces of all palaces? NORDY'S BABY! My home away from home swooped me up into their loving arms and I started to learn everything there is to know about the company. C'mon, quiz me! I was assigned to Point of View, which I have to be honest, wasn't my first choice..but I knew it would be busy so that made me feel better in the end. 8 weeks. The program would last only a mere 8 weeks. Let me tell you- of the 6 weeks I have worked so far, it feels like I have learned a lifetime's worth of knowledge. Not only stuff about Nordstrom, but about life and I even learned a lot about myself in the process. Now, I sit here...taking a break from wraping up my portfolio for my summer intership class (oh yeah, did I not mention I'm taking my first (&&& last- fingers crossed) summer class?) with only two weeks left of being an intern. It is bittersweet. I am having such a good time, I have met so many amazing people, I'm really not sure if I'm ready for this to end quite yet. But, the good news is, once it is over I will stay on as a part time salesperson for the duration of my senior year. After that, I will be in the running for an assistant/managerial role if that is what I choose to do. Big things are in my future, I can feel it. However, I'm not sure yet what those big things will be.... you will just have to stay tuned.

As for me, right now, I am ready to finish up my summer class and let summer take off right where it started... at a little place called Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland, OR. Ok, maybe not that exact location, but something/somewhere just as sweet as those treats.

I love you all. Truly. Madly. Deeply.
& thanks for loving me in return.

J

p.s. I know I say this often... but I am going to try to be a better blogger. There-- I said it. Now hold me to it.

Goodnight

2 comments:

A to Z said...

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that you blogged! Yes! I am so happy. I love that you are having a wonderful, busy summer. I also love that you are working at Nordies - it really runs in our blood!

valarie said...

Hurray!! words from Jillian make me smile too!! to know her is to love her!