Tuesday, March 23, 2010

If it weren't for bacon, I'd be a vegetarian.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
I hope you got to enjoy the beautiful sunshine more than I did, because I was stuck in my dungeon all day working feverishly on my homework, studying for midterms, finalizing projects, etc. But hey! I am still kickin' & in good spirits.

So! Want some more news, eh? Well, I got some. I think I decided that my tactic is this: bullet most, elaborate on some. That way you will get a taste of each without (hopefully) getting overwhelmed by all the madness. Let's get to it.

1. One of my biggest goals going into this semester (the last half of my JUNIOR year--holy me!) was to really break out of my shell. I know, this seems late. And yes, I have to admitt.. I am a late bloomer. Ever since I went to college, I became a bit introverted in the classroom. I guess I was shy, perhaps lacking confidence, and I just never felt totally comfortable. Well, I wanted to let all of that go. Why waste time being shy? Why waste time not asking questions that are constantly surfacing in your brain?? I put it to rest. This semester has been the best yet. I have met a ton of great people, made strong relationships with my professors, and I emersed myself in knowledge & inquiry.It has paid off big time! In fact, a professor of mine recently recommended me to the recruiter of our MediaLab program at PLU. It's a BIG DEAL. But that's a whole other story... one in which I will explore later.

2. I love BACON. I love it on sandwiches, for breakfast, in my salads, plain.. I could eat it with anything really. Anyway, I just cooked it for the first time all by myself. Sounds silly, right? It totally is! It just intimidated me for some reason. Like I could never live up to the perfect piece of cooked bacon.The first time it turned out burnt... ok.. really burnt. It was charred. But, I ate it and enjoyed it! I've made it a few times since then and each time gets better and better. Practice, baby! I have a mad love for bacon. I don't eat meat much, however, I don't think I could ever eat enough bacon. I always say... if it weren't for bacon, I'd be a vegetarian.

3. I have been watching more "dark" movies. When I say that I mean, war movies, thrillers, etc. This is huge for me! This is coming from someone who can't watch violence or blood, & who jumps at the slightest twitch on the screen. I am facing my fears & broadening my film horizons.

4. I've learned to not hate cleaning my bathroom so much. Also big stuff.

5. (this really should be number one.. but most of you already know this so it got bumped) I got a summer internship at Nordstrom! If any of you truly know me... you know that this is my haven. I live and breath this place. I have always wanted to work there, but never got the opportunity. And now I do! And I am all over it :) I can't wait! If you need a personal shopper-- I am YOUR girl! The woman who interviewed me said that upon completion of the internship, I will move into a management position. How cool would that be?!

6. My baby cousin will soon be (for sure!!) official. It has been a long time coming && believe me, we are all absolutely ecstatic!

And that's all for now! It's back to the grind for me, more studying and writing. Oh joy! Tomorrow holds new stories-- stay tuned!

Love

2 comments:

valarie said...

so how was your BLT last night?? if i hadn't read your blog i never would have known about your passion for bacon!! you have a dungeon?

Stefanie said...

Ha, I love that you love bacon! You crack me up. Congrats on the internship!!! If I had money to buy clothes, I would totally hire you to be my personal shopper!!!